thatgamecompany is best recognized for creating award-winning, enriching and meaningful game titles such as Journey, Flower and flOw. Our new game, Sky: Children of the Light, has recently launched on Android and has already attracted a global audience of over 70 million + installs.
We are seeking a Motion Graphics/Gameplay Capture Artist to join the team and drive video content for the studio’s publishing and marketing initiatives. This role will collaborate closely with several internal cross-discipline teams, acting as a key player in shaping the brand’s visual identity across multiple platforms. Our ideal candidate is a storyteller at heart, and has an intrinsic pulse for what content resonates with Sky’s audience.
This is a temp-to-hire position that reports to the Head of Communications, while heavily collaborating with the internal Art team.
- Produce a wide variety of marketing video content and motion graphics following IP specific brand and style guidelines, which may include, but are not limited to:
- Sky Launch Trailers;
- Gameplay footage;
- Motion graphics and video content for social media platforms such as Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, and Twitch;
- Digital videos such as interviews or dev-blogs.
- Choreograph and capture gameplay video content to create third-person cinematography, guiding compositions from script to finish.
- Providing editing for projects from concept to export as the need arises.
- Collaborate with the Content and Marketing teams to conceptualize new social media creative to delight players.
- Successfully produce concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure consistency across brand communications.
Requirements & Qualifications
- 2-3+ years experience creating gameplay video content for a studio or social media channels (video games/entertainment industry a BIG plus).
- Passion for Sky and familiarity with our studio’s visual style.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and After Effects.
- Demonstrated passion for and understanding of game trailers, social media platforms and content, including familiarity with their video best practices.
- Great artistic sensibility and excellent eye for design, color, composition, typography, and attention to detail.
- Proficient with video capture software/hardware and learning new internal tools.
- Highly organized, with experience managing, backing up, and archiving files and media.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to receive constructive feedback.
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Portfolio containing video editing and motion graphics design work examples.
Nice to Haves
- Experience and passion for creating engaging short-form video content such as TikTok, Instagram Reels, Stories, etc.
- Love and affinity for video games.
- Background or interest in cinematography.
Please submit a resume and portfolio to be considered.