thatgamecompany is best recognized for creating award-winning, enriching, and meaningful game titles such as Journey, Flower, and flOw. Our most recent game, Sky, is our most complex undertaking to date. It is a social network built around the values inherited from a powerful humanistic story. It is a live experience constantly changing; a global online theme park.
That’s why we’re looking for an exceptional automation and build engineer to join our live team to help craft the most advanced social game on earth. Elements that can help us meet the demands of this complex product while presenting an interface to the user which exemplifies the elegance that TGC is known for.
- Own the app build and release process across multiple platforms, including iOS, Android, and Nintendo Switch
- Improve tooling, automation, and training to empower other disciplines to better own distributing internal development builds and operating the live builds
- Align and coordinate with engineering leadership on a cohesive build pipeline and build/asset delivery strategy
- Work with multiple engineers on automating their build requirements and help them with solutions to rapidly test their code changes before merging on the final release
- Coordinate and work with the Production and Live-Ops team on tracking and communication for all phases of a release
- Be comfortable in both roles of implementation oversight as well as hands-on engineering
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role
- Provided build/automation support to at least one shipped or live-operated product.
- Knowledge of Build and Release principles and methodologies including source control (Perforce), branch management and build testing.
- Scripting and automation skills in one or more of Python or similar
- Solid understanding of continuous integration
- Experience with automated build systems such as Jenkins or equivalent
- Experience with bug tracking software
- Experience building mobile applications (Android, iOS)
- Strong communication skills, the ability to work closely with teams.
- Knowledge of systems administration (Windows, OSX)
- Some familiarity with proprietary game engines with fluency in C++ and Makefiles
Nice to haves
- Experience testing and developing REST APIs
- Fluency in Python
Last but not the least, loves thatgamecompany games, believes in our mission and vision! We look forward to meeting you!