thatgamecompany is best recognized for creating award-winning, enriching, and meaningful game titles such as Journey, Flower, and flOw. Our most recent game, Sky, is our most complex undertaking to date. It is a social network built around the values inherited from a powerful humanistic story. It is a live experience constantly changing; a global online theme park.
That’s why we’re looking for an exceptional tools engineer to join our team to help craft the most advanced social game on earth. You will work closely with artists, designers, and other disciplines to improve our tools pipeline to help us meet the demands of this complex product, and be a key part in bringing the team’s vision to life.
- Design, build, implement, and maintain significant portions of the internal tools and pipelines used across all disciplines
- Maintain and improve our Maya-based level editor tool
- Prototype and develop realtime, in-engine tools
- Develop applications and tools that accelerate development and test workflows
- You will have the opportunity to work on challenging technical problems in a fast-paced and rigorous engineering environment
- Work autonomously to diagnose and solve technical and production bottlenecks across the studio
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role
- Familiarity with proprietary game engines with fluency in C++
- Knowledge and experience in 3D graphics programming
- Experience with UI programming, especially in the tools domain
- A strong understanding of game engine architecture and asset pipelines
- Scripting and automation skills in one or more of Python or similar
- Experience with bug tracking software and version control
- Experience building mobile applications (Android, iOS)
Nice to haves
- Knowledge of the Maya plugin API
- Experience with gameplay programming
- Experience using shader languages such as GLSL
- Experience in console development
Last but not the least, loves thatgamecompany games, believes in our mission and vision! We look forward to meeting you!