Reports to: CIO
thatgamecompany is best recognized for creating award-winning, enriching, and meaningful game titles such as Journey, Flower, and flOw. Our most recent game, Sky, is our most complex undertaking to date. It is a social network built around the values inherited from a powerful humanistic story. It is a live experience continuously evolving inside a global online theme park.
That’s why we’re looking for an exceptional engineer to join our team to innovate new solutions for the studio and help enrich the user experience for millions of active players worldwide.
- Work with a highly-skilled ITS team to deliver solutions for solving in-game and internal team challenges
- Exhibits Agile & DevOps values in a self-organizing team
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by modeling good practices and habits
- Deliver exemplary user experiences and performant web services, as well as the data structures and interfaces that support them using React/Redux, Typescript, Node.js, PostgreSQL, and AWS.
- Provide technical insight and ideas regarding user experience of internal tools
- Support the development and maintenance of backend infrastructure and microservices
- Interact with different departments of the company to discover and address problems and needs
- Collaborate with other developers to plan, design, develop, and unit test applications.
- 3+ years of relevant programming experience
- Experience building modern REST APIs in Node.js
- Knowledge of Typescript
- Experience designing data structures and querying relational and non-relational database technologies such as Postgresql, Redis, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience with Git version control system
- Thrive in a highly collaborative environment involving cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
Nice to know
- Python, Go, Erlang
- Data Analytics, BigQuery, Datadog
- CI/CD, Gitlab, Kubernetes, Terraform
Last but not the least, loves our games and believes in our mission and vision! We look forward to meeting you.
*This position is Remote