In follow-up to Journey, Flower and flOw, we are looking to expand our team with a multiplayer feel engineer. The position will include working on new social mechanics to provide a unique new multiplayer experiences.
A sample long-term task for this person might be: identifying a minimal set of mechanics that may encourage positive interactions, experiences or feelings between players. They would then conceptualize a minimalist potential solution or improvement, implement, test, and iterate on it.
An example of this would be a system to encourage multiple players to stay close to each other over the course of a play session by: gaining new interactions as they spend time with each other, or a system where players can guide each other around while holding hands.
This role requires a candidate who:
- Has a strong intuition and desire to develop real-time social interaction systems promoting inclusive and comforting multiplayer dynamics
- Passion for minimalist design
- Has 5+ years experience working in C++
- Confident working in C++ on a mobile game client
- Worked on game from start to release in either 3D mobile, console or PC
The ideal candidate may also have:
- Experience with writing 2D UI components
You will be more likely to enjoy this job if you:
- Are passionate about solving interesting engineering problems which result in new ways for people to make meaningful connections