thatgamecompany is best recognized for creating award-winning, enriching, and meaningful game titles such as Journey, Flower, and flOw. Our most recent game, Sky, is our most complex undertaking to date. It is a social network built around the values inherited from a powerful humanistic story. It is a live experience continuously evolving inside a global online theme park.
- Development and maintenance of robust audio pipeline for TGC’s in-house game technology
- Optimization of audio performance to provide better user experience and wider platform support
- Development of new tools for the audio design team
- Designing innovative audio-driven gameplay or new apps and utilities with game/audio designers
- R&D of advanced audio tech for TGC’s future projects
- Proficiency in C/C++
- 3+ years of experience of working in audio technology
- Deep understanding of at least one of common OS native audio API (e.g. Core Audio, XAudio, AAudio, Web Audio)
- Deep understanding of at least one of common audio middleware API (Fmod, Wwise, Miles, ADX or Fabric)
- Ability to focus and work independently, but also possessing strong communication and collaboration skills
- A passion for games
Good to haves:
- Background in computer science or acoustic engineering
- Knowledge of vector math and game physics
- Experience in cross-platform, mobile (Android), and console development
- Understanding of principles of sound, DSP, 3D Audio techniques, MIDI, etc.
- Familiarity with low-level system engineering (multithreading, memory management, etc.)
- Experience with networked systems in real-time multiplayer game/experiences
- Experience with HD haptics tools integration
- Existing portfolio of audio/music apps or VSTs
- Background in sound design or music composition
Last but not least, loves thatgamecompany games, believes in our mission and vision!
We look forward to meeting you!