thatgamecompany is best recognized for creating award-winning, enriching and meaningful game titles such as Journey, Flower and flOw. Our new game, Sky: Children of the Light, has recently launched on Android and has already attracted a global audience of over 35 million + passionate fans.
As Sky continues to grow, we are seeking a Community Representative to help us keep up with the growing community of players active in the game, Discord, and social media. Our ideal candidate is a devoted Sky player who is always up-to-date with what’s happening within the game and is able to tell us the pulse of the Sky community. You are hungry and passionate for the Support experience, and always strive to deliver the best level of service despite whatever the odds may be. You will work in tandem with the Customer Service and Community teams as we continuously look to build trust with our global audience and vanguard our values.
This role is fully remote and contract base. Schedule and days will require flexibility and weekend shifts.
- Act as a public-facing representative of thatgamecompany, creating engagement opportunities at in-person and online events as needed.
- Respond to customer inquiries and provide first contact of customer issues and questions via Discord, Twitter, and other designated social channels.
- Learn about our Support processes and initial scope of contacts which includes but not limited to – general questions, billing, technical, player feedback, reports, and bugs.
- Moderate online conversations on our owned marketing and community channels (social media, Discord, groups, livestreams, etc).
- Monitor and report on sentiment, feedback, and trends in the live game community.
- Deliver timely and accurate responses to customer questions and requests.
- Interact with the external Sky Customer Support team to share and solve issues.
- Sort and escalate sensitive or critical tickets to the correct channels with recommendations.
- Display a professional, positive, and enthusiastic demeanor to employees and customers.
- Use provided resources to research customer issues and flag outdated or missing content.
- Coordinate with Customer Support and Brand teams to ensure consistency in brand tone.
- Support the Community Managers in managing relationships with prominent community advocates and volunteers.
Requirements & Qualifications
- A deep understanding of thatgamecompany’s core values and vision.
- Passion for Sky and a deep understanding of its players.
- Highly proficient in written and spoken English.
- Customer service experience.
- Experience supporting and moderating online communities and groups.
- Proficient in troubleshooting technical issues.
- Strong familiarity with Discord and bot commands.
- Has proven good judgment in navigating and resolving sensitive situations online.
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
Nice to Haves
- Basic editing knowledge of Photoshop.
- Experience in mobile free-to-play games.
- Livestream knowledge and experience.