thatgamecompany is best recognized for creating award-winning, enriching, and meaningful game titles such as Journey, Flower, and flOw. Our most recent game, Sky, is our most complex undertaking to date. It is a social network built around the values inherited from a powerful humanistic story. It is a live experience constantly changing operating a global online theme park. (This position reports to the Art team while working closely Live-Ops team).
- Create low-poly 3D models for in-game events
- Skin 3D assets onto characters
- Ensure all assets are plugged in correctly and events will be triggered on time
- Adjust and decorate levels for in-game events
- Successfully produce concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment
- Communicate and collaborate with other teams when necessary
- Proficient in Autodesk Maya
- Great artistic sensibility and excellent eye for design, color, composition,and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with an ability to take constructive feedback
- Open to learning new skills and programs
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with our games and visual style is a plus
- Experience with skinning assets
- Experience working in the video games/entertainment industry
- Love and affinity for video games
- Ability to visualize and communicate ideas
This is a temporary position located in Santa Monica, CA.
Please submit a resume and portfolio to be considered.
Last but not the least, loves thatgamecompany games, believes in our mission and vision!
We look forward to meeting you!