(reporting to the CIO)
thatgamecompany is best recognized for creating award-winning, enriching, and meaningful game titles such as Journey, Flower, and flOw. Our most recent game, Sky, is our most complex undertaking to date. It is a social network built around the values inherited from a powerful humanistic story. It is a live experience continuously evolving inside a global online theme park.
We’re looking for a Cloud Data Engineer to help us explore match-making solutions, architect large-scale and highly available data-oriented systems and deliver actionable insights that serve millions of players globally.
- You will be responsible for the architecture and implementation of data pipelines across our cloud platform. You’ll be dealing with terabytes of data daily and expected to design for scale, develop efficient models for processing data, and collaborate with the cloud engineering team for optimizing performance and responsiveness.
- Product-oriented and rapidly iterate solutions.
- Build pipelines to ingest and enrich high volume of gameplay data.
- Architect, design, and implement next generation streaming data applications.
- Collaborate with software engineers and data scientists to deliver high quality data architecture and pipelines, enhance infrastructure, improve reliability and efficiency.
- Core Responsibilities
- Design and improve the architecture of our real-time match-making system, as well as the peripheral data pipeline that enables global data-driven match-making at large scale.
- Design and implement APIs that power our web application and internal services.
- Embrace modern technology of container and cluster management to make our backend stack more elastic and robust, and the deployment process more agile and reliable.
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for internal stakeholders and customers.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence or business analytics.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets.
- 3+ years of development experience in one of the following: C/C++, Go, Python
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
- Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing.
- Strong understanding and experience working with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience delivering end-to-end projects independently.
- Experience with AWS cloud platform.
- Experience with modern SOA and microservices.
- Experience using pubsub message queues.
- Experience working with NoSQL databases.
- Comfortable working with concurrent programming (i.e., asynchronous, multi-threading, and multi-processing) with an understanding of when to use these techniques.
- Comfortable with Linux-based systems.
Nice to haves:
- Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
Last but not least, loves thatgamecompany games, believes in our mission and vision! We look forward to meeting you!