thatgamecompany is best recognized for creating award-winning, enriching and meaningful game titles such as Journey, Flower and flOw. Our new game, Sky: Children of the Light, has recently launched on Android and has already attracted a global audience of over 20 million + passionate fans.
We are seeking a 2D/UI Artist to join and support the Art team with creating in-game (not limited to) 2D assets. Our ideal candidate has a good understanding of the game and its artistic style.
This is a part-time position located in Santa Monica, CA, but will be remote while quarantine restrictions are in place. This role reports to the Art leads, while working closely with the UI/UX engineer.
- Produce 2D assets which may include, but are not limited to:
- UI icons for cosmetics and emotes
- UI icons and 2D art for season content
- UI icons for new in-game features
- App icons
- 2D illustrations for promotions & announcements
- Adjust and revamp existing UI assets
- Archive and maintain a library of existing assets
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure visual consistency
Requirements & Qualifications
- Familiarity with our games and visual style
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop
- Great artistic sensibility and excellent eye for color, composition, and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with the ability to take constructive feedback
- Open to learning new skills and programs
Nice to Haves
- Experience with 2D animation
- Ability to draw and illustrate art assets under supervision
- Love and affinity for video games Please submit a resume and portfolio to be considered.