thatgamecompany is best recognized for creating award-winning, enriching and meaningful game titles such as Journey, Flower and flOw. Our new game, Sky: Children of the Light, has recently launched on Android and has already attracted a global audience of over 20 million + passionate fans.
We are seeking a seasoned community leader with a strategic background to helm Sky’s in-house Live Community as the game and its online communities continue to expand globally. The Senior Manager, Live Community will oversee and help grow our in-house Live Community team, develop programs on the best ways to engage fans on the frontlines, and help us facilitate trust with players through transparent, timely, and proactive communication. Our ideal candidate has experience working with a MMO or live social game audience with notable Discord or social media overlap, and intrinsically understands how deeply interconnected large, international online communities are.
- Provide strategic leadership and frontline management for the Sky Live Community. As an independent developer and publisher, advise our team how to troubleshoot areas that may hinder delivering solid global support at our scale.
- Reporting to the Head of Communications, the candidate will co-manage the community team and help grow the company’s fanbase and brand voice.
- Lead Sky’s live game messaging, both proactive and reactive, in order to improve studio transparency and player trust.
- Communicate key game issues to the development and customer service team, and escalate priority issues when needed. Work to handle highly sensitive player-related crises and complex customer situations as they arise.
- Build quarterly plans with budgets and target KPIs, then provide leadership in its execution to deliver a best-in-class community experience for our players.
- Develop a global strategy and engagement best practices for Sky’s live game and Beta communities.
- Establish effective feedback frameworks for the Live Community team to share timely and meaningful player sentiment reports with the development team.
- Lead and expand Sky’s player volunteer and moderator program on both Discord and social media groups, working closely with volunteers to ensure they are adequately supported and armed with up-to-date information about the game.
- Create community events, livestreams, and programs to keep players engaged, collaborating with the Brand Content and Marketing teams to ensure consistency across all brand and fan interactions.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Minimum 5+ years experience developing and supporting online communities
- Mandatory live ops game experience for North America or global marketplace
- 2+ years experience with team management in an international working environment
- A deep understanding of thatgamecompany’s core values and vision
- Passion for Sky and a deep understanding of its players
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing a program of online moderators and volunteers
Nice to Haves
- Basic editing knowledge of Photoshop
- Actively play Sky: Children of the Light and part of the official Sky Discord
- Experience in mobile free-to-play games
- Familiarity with Favro, Helpshift, other CRMs, and Discord bot commands
- Livestream knowledge and experience