*please please apply via laptop/desktop as it does not go through mobile
thatgamecompany is best recognized for creating award-winning, enriching and meaningful game titles such as Journey, Flower and flOw.
Since launching our newest release, Sky, the game has already attracted more than 50 Million installs globally, with a core base of passionate fans. As the Japanese market continues to grow, the team needs support from a native speaking professional to keep up active players in the online community and to provide a better user experience.
- Craft and localize owned/social media contents for the Japanese community (currently Sky official website, Twitter and Instagram, potentially expand to Discord, Pinterest, and LINE)
- Contribute to creative and growth strategies for successfully engaging the Japan market
- Communicate with the US-based community team to plan social events together and provide consistent support/information to the Japanese community with global players
- Communicate with the US-based development team to understand the state of development, updates, bug fixes to inform Japanese players or share feedback from the community with the team
- Escalate sensitive or critical issues to the correct channels with recommendations
- Coordinate with the Customer Support and global Community team to communicate critical or reactive messaging to the community
- Passionate player of Sky and understanding of thatgamecompany’s core values
- Experience to use Discord deeply (Experience as moderator or shepherd is ideal)
- Native Japanese, fluent English spoken and written skills
- Applicable work hours to at least half of the core hours of the US team (11 am to 7 pm PST/PDT)
- 3 years of experience working with online communities and social networks
Nice to haves
- Customer service experience