In follow-up to Journey, Flower and flOw, we are looking to expand our team with a multiplayer feel engineer. The position will include working on new social mechanics to provide a unique online multiplayer experience.
A sample long-term task for this person might be: identifying a minimal sets of mechanics that encourage positive interactions, experiences or feelings between players. They would then conceptualize a potential solution or improvement, implement, test, and iterate on it.
This role requires a candidate who:
- Has a strong intuition and desire to develop real-time social interaction systems promoting inclusive and comforting multiplayer dynamics.
- Passion for clean, simple and elegant designs.
- Has 3+ years experience working in C++.
- Confident working on both the client and communication aspects of an online mobile game.
- Has implemented at least one system which requires a thorough understanding of the trade-offs between reliable and unreliable real-time game traffic.
- Has worked on systems managing the synchronization of game level state across clients.
- Has developed networked systems for a released multiplayer game.
The ideal candidate may also have:
- Experience working with persistent player accounts / data.
- Implemented a authentication system or account server.
- Used PostgreSQL, Erlang, Python, Ansible, or AWS in production.
You will be more likely to enjoy this job if you:
- Are passionate about solving interesting engineering problems, which result in new ways for people to make meaningful connections.