The Senior Concept Artist will be responsible for creating visuals to bring our game worlds to life. The position will include working closely with environment artists, feel engineers and gameplay engineers for the goal to create experiences that move people.
A person in this position would be: creating key paintings to establish a feeling of the experience, visualizing living-and-breathing world and tell stories through landscapes/buildings/props/materials, making visual suggestions to help solve graphic problems.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have 4+ years of experience creating concept art for animation, film or videogames, or be able to provide a portfolio of art related achievements.
- Be comfortable with simplistic/minimalistic visual style.
- Be able to quickly communicate ideas using simple visuals.
- Be willing and able to learn the basics of our engine and tools.
- Respond well to feedback, criticism and iterative design and/or continual improvement of our games.
The ideal candidate may also have:
- Modeling experience with Maya.
- Rigging experience with Maya.
- Animation experience with Maya.
- Experience in graphic design.
- Experience in storyboarding.
- Experience in visual effects.
- The big picture in mind, self-motivating and able to anticipate future needs and problems.
All applicants will be expected to complete an art challenge demonstrating an understanding of the above requirements.