The award winning team behind Journey, flOw and Flower are looking to expand their team with a senior graphics engineer. The position will include working closely with the existing engine and tools to achieve beautiful visual effects that move people and provide experiences unlike other video games.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have 5+ years of experience and shipped a title on console, or be able to provide a portfolio of graphic related achievements.
- Have a keen eye for beautiful graphics and a strong understanding of math, optimizations and best practices.
- Be willing and able to work on tools, support and game code to achieve specific graphical goals (or enable others to do the same).
- Respond well to feedback, criticism and iterative design and/or continual improvement of our technology and games.
- Be fluent in C++ and a variety of shader languages, having also worked with compute shaders.
- Have experience with one or more modern rendering APIs.
The ideal candidate may also have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or another engineering discipline.
- Experience with multiple programming languages.
- Led or worked on prototyping key game features for another title.
- Worked with Maya (and APIs), Perforce, git, Windows and macOS.
- Shipped cross platform titles or worked on own cross platform engine.
- Kept up-to-date on modern approaches to rendering techniques.
- The big picture in mind, self-motivating and able to anticipate future needs and problems.
All applicants will be expected to complete an engineering challenge demonstrating an understanding of the above requirements.