You’ve heard it right, folks! Our first two PlayStation 3 games are now being ported over to the PlayStation 4 and the PlayStation Vita! Check out this video for details:
That’s right! The PS Vita and PS4 versions of flOw and Flower will be completely free on for all of you who purchased each respective game on the PlayStation Store. If you bought flOw on the PS3, you’ll get it free for PS4 and PS Vita. And if you are late to the game and buy Flower on PS4, you’ll get the PS3 and Vita versions for free. Flower will be released on both platforms on Nov. 15th, and flOw will be released on both platforms on Nov. 29th.
You probably have some questions. So, here are your answers:
1. If you purchased Journey Collector’s Edition, that sadly does not entitle you to the other versions of flOw and Flower. There is currently no way for Sony to connect the purchase of the physical* Collector’s Edition to a Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) account. *As for Europeans who purchased the digital version, we do not have official word if there will be any issues for downloading the new versions.
2. flOw is being ported by SuperVillain Studios and Flower is being ported by Bluepoint Games. Both companies have a history of porting over games for various publishers, and SVS ported over flOw to the PSP and made the expansion pack to flOw.
3. The trophies will not be connected through the different versions. Meaning, if you unlock a trophy on the PS3 version of flOw, it will not unlock on the PS4 and Vita versions.
4. Due to some restrictions on the Vita, flOw will not have multiplayer nor the Friendship Trophy, which will be replaced. We do not know if there is a possibility of patching in Ad Hoc multiplayer in the future.
5. The flOw expansion pack is being ported by SVS and will be released at an as-of-yet unannounced time. We don’t have specific information on pricing, but it will likely also be free to those who purchased it on PS3.
6. Flower will be at 1080p and 60 Frames Per Second (FPS) on the PS4, but there are no specific details yet for flOw PS4. The PS3 version of flOw was at 1080p, so the PS4 version will most likely be at this resolution as well.
7. Sony is in charge of everything regarding flOw, Flower, and Journey, and they have made no public announcements regarding any ports of Journey to the PS4 and Vita. The option is open for them, but there are a lot of reasons to and to not port the game over. We’re hoping that the PS4 version will join the fray, but it’s all up to Sony.
We’ll update this page if there are any more details about the releases.
8. Flower PS4 and PS Vita will both launch on Nov. 29th in SCEE countries. We do not have information on whether or not flOw PS4 and PS Vita will also be delayed for the European territories.
9. flOw PS4 and PS Vita has been delayed worldwide. Appears to be releasing on 12/17 and 12/18 in SCEA and SCEE territories, respectively. We do not have information on when flOw will be available, but will update this section as soon as Sony gives us more information, but it’s likely we won’t know until it’s actually been released. *The release date looks like it’ll be this coming week for SCEA and SCEE territories, according to an article on the PlayStation Blog.
This is great news. Just hoping that Journey gets ported eventually. *Crosses scarves*
There are so many that haven’t yet experienced it.
Thiago Brayner says
Please, let us to control flower with the analog sticks on the VITA.
Thiago Brayner says
It’s A fantastic game that is barely unplayable, on the actual control scheme (VITA).
There most likely won’t be an update to map the controls to the analog sticks on the Vita for Flower or flOw, but with Flower, you can use the touch screen instead of the gyroscope.
The touch screen effectively mimics what the analog sticks, but take a little getting used to. (I prefer the touch screen controls, as I don’t like moving around the screen in order to move around, but it’s a little bit more difficult to use.)
Can you PLEASE update Flower for PSvita with analog controls? I am not sure if you guys know this but it is not playable on the VITA TV with its current control setups.
Hi guys, really looking forward to flower on the vita. Was wondering when it would be out for the Asia PSN. We always gets the goods last T.T
We don’t know exactly when the Vita version of Flower will be out in SCEAsia territories, but it will probably coincide with the launch of the PS4. So, it should be out everywhere there during the month of December.
Great experience… But analog sticks please!!
Well it looks like Sony lied to us. I bought Flower on the PS3 and they are still trying to charge me 6.99 for it on the PS4. And flOw isn’t even on the list yet and its the 29th of November. hmph
Flower looks great on the Vita thank you for bringing it to the Vita.
I’m just disappointed that Flow wasn’t ported to the Vita and instead the PSP version was used. the graphics of the PSP version are not very crisp.
Just wait a little longer, and Sony’s servers should update, giving you access to the new versions of Flower. It should apart in your download list within a day or two.
As for flOw, we’ll ask Sony about when it will come out.
The PS Vita port of flOw has not been released yet. We’ll update this page as soon as we hear more information.
@Aaron I’m so happy to know that we are getting and actual port of Flow. it’s one of my favorite games. I even use the PS3 version to make wallpapers for my devices. The game is so beautiful!!!
I hope Sony gives us a port of Journey too 🙂
It is already Nov 29th while the PS version of flOw still not come out yet?
We don’t know when the game will be released, but will post on this page as soon as we can, but it’s likely that we won’t know when it’s going to be released until it’s actually released.
A representative of Sony Europe says that it should come out this coming week, but it wasn’t 100% certain just yet.
its been 2 weeks since ps4 release date and still ps4 store still has same old games in it and that list is extremely small and people talked crap about wii u launch date but atleast it had more stuff on day one. This is worst launch i ever seen.
Flower looks really great on Vita it’s true …but all over the internet the lacking of analog sticks support puzzle both individual users and the press.
it would have been the easiest chioce and wouldhave worked great on Vita… Hope a simple update will fix it soon and let us experience this great game with its full potential” on the go.”.
Looking forward to “Flow” as well ( :
If you bought the collectors edition, and want to play on the vita…
Would you please add remote play for collectors edition? Then you could play all your games on the vita!
Really looking forward to flOw coming to PS4 and Vita. Was hoping to see it on the 29th of Nov, but I guess there are delays. As long as it eventually comes.
Any plans to port Journey to PS4? And even Vita, but mainly PS4 as I could always remote play it. I have no other system than the PS4 on which I can play Journey and I’ve so much wanted to since I saw a gameplay demo of it. I would buy the PS4 port in an instant!
The psp version of fl0w was the most fun to play because it had control stick support. It would be nice to have a choice for controls.
Adam Greenway says
I cross bought both games but my PS4 refuses to let me play either, stating: “Cannot start the application. Only users who hold a licence for this application can start it.”
Any help would be much appreciated.
I am still waiting for Flower and Flow to be available for PS4 in Asia PSN.
Do we have any dates? Any other alternative to get these games sooner on PS4?
You should be able to go to:
Settings -> PSN -> Restore Licenses
And restore the licenses. This should fix it! 😀
Sorry, but we don’t know the details on the SCEAsian release dates for flOw or Flower. I was thinking it would follow the SCEAmerica and SCEEurope release schedules, which just followed the PS3 launches in each territory.
Still no luck, its April & still no flower for Vita on the Asian PSN.
do you guys need funding to get it on the asian psn? would love to do a partnership, I don’t mind being a sleeping shareholder; it’d be a win win situation, holler.
There are technical issues that Sony Asia are running into regarding the Asian version of Flower PS4/Vita.
We don’t own the game and aren’t involved with porting. Sony’s taking care of all of this.
SCEAsia currently doesn’t have a release date announced for the port, but they do know there are a lot of eagerly awaiting fans. 😀
I can’t be the only person to think that the first question has a fairly straight forward solution.
With the Journey Collector’s Edition, the disc must be in the PS3 for the software to even run, despite being installed on the hard drive of the console. The mechanism for identifying the disc could be implemented on the PS4 to allow owners to use the digital copy of the software.
The PS Vita isn’t so easy to address, but if the software is running on the PS4, Remote Play option would be available. Only PS3 owners without a PS4 would be prevented from using their PS Vita to play.
I felt that buying the Collector’s Edition came with nice bonuses, what with the soundtracks and prototype games. With the Cross-Buy option now implemented, I’m not so sure any more that I got the better deal.
Three days ago Sony announced Journey IS coming to the PS4… http://ps4daily.com/2014/07/sony-gamescom-lineup/ …but still nothing on your website about it! Most curious…?
Sony never announced Journey for the PS4. All that’s happened is that it’s reportedly been placed on a list, but this is much different from making an announcement. Don’t forget that Sony did announce that Flower was going to be Move compatible, but no one ever worked on it or even spoke to us about it.
That said, Journey on the PS4 is all up to Sony and we won’t be working on any port of the game, as was with flOw and Flower.
I’ve been trying to contact the company in charge for the port of flower to address the issue about having physical controls for the game … I think is not supposed to be a big deal for them to update the software but no answers ….
Any news about that ? Complains about this matter are spread over the web …
Thanks for your comments,
Sony was in charge of any and all changes with Flower, not the developer of the port. Sony hasn’t publicly responded to any questions about offering different controls for Flower Vita, so it seems unlikely that they’ll change the game controls.You can keep e-mailing them, but make sure that you send all of your e-mails to Sony Customer Service, as sending them anywhere else sadly won’t cause anything to happen.
Punished for buying the physical disc, finding out that not getting the free PS4 version of Flower after purchasing the disc for PS3 .. and that others are getting it for free because they purchased it digitally… thats total BS. People with PlayStation accounts could easily register purchased copies with a code of some sort… what a kick in the face. I hope Sony chokes on a rose petal.
Hated flow and flower… not meant to be played on any ps system. Touch and motion… really??? Fuck off…
Great work on journey though… hope u keep supporting analogs… and limiting us with bloody motion or fuckin touch controls.