ThatGameCompany is seeking an experienced test analyst to expand our in-studio testing team. We are currently work-from-home due to the Covid pandemic, and accommodate flexible work hours and locations – we have full time employees from all corners of the works! We are a growing company that seeks to bring joy and happiness to millions through the medium of gaming, and as a test analyst on our team you will be the voice of the players and their first line of defense.
- Create system or feature specific test plans, coordinate the execution of that test plan with internal and external testing resources, and deliver the aggregate results of testing to interested stakeholders.
- Identify and execute appropriate testing techniques based on knowledge of software development and the specific implementation present within Sky
- Provide qualitative analysis on systems and features in all stages of the development process.
- Provide frequent and regular risk analysis, including but not limited to project, schedule, operational, or technical risks that may impact the final delivery to the consumer.
- Ensure that risks are mitigated or accepted throughout the SDLC
- Adjust testing strategies as needed to minimize risk to the project across multiple studio and project priorities
- Provide clear, concise, actionable, and timely feedback to all individuals, teams, and departments that interface with QA both upstream and downstream.
- A learning oriented mindset; you will be expected to self identify and self correct areas of improvement with oversight and guidance from leadership, while also providing constructive and reinforcing feedback to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in both written and verbal communication.
- Practical knowledge of either testing and advanced testing techniques, or deep understanding of Sky as a product and how users interact with it.
- Familiar with iOS, Android, and/or Switch platforms.
- ISTQB Testing Certification
- White box testing experience, or experience with scripting
- Advanced knowledge of Atlassian suite, specifically Jira Cloud
- Familiar with first party requirements based testing (Lot check, TRC/XR, etc.)
- Actively playing Sky and participating in the Sky community via social media or Discord; ability to demonstrate an understanding of issues that are important to the Sky community and why they are important