thatgamecompany is best recognized for creating award-winning, enriching and meaningful game titles such as Journey, Flower and flOw. Our new game Sky is already played by millions of players around the world and has a devoted core player base.
As a live product, it’s crucial for us to be responsive to our players through all the twists and turns of an evolving online world. We’re looking for someone to lead our customer support team as we expand Sky to be multi-format game globally. We take pride in forging a customer experience that focuses on trust, attentiveness and genuine care.
- Provide strategic leadership and front line management of our customer support division. As an independent developer and publisher, advise our team how to troubleshoot areas that may hinder delivering solid global 24:7 support at our scale.
- Play a key role in growing our technical and game support team to meet the studio’s business goals. This position will report to and work closely with our production and communications leads.
- Update our current workflow and processes for tracking and maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction and retention. Seek to remove blockers, tackle inefficiencies, and ensure the team responds in a timely manner.
- Build quarterly plans with budgets and target KPIs, then provide leadership in its execution to deliver a best-in-class CS experience for our players.
- Initiate customer service messaging and collaborate with the community/ communications team to refine the TGC voice, ensuring consistency across all CS and fan interactions.
- Work with the development team to refine the in-game CS experience and CS portal software to ensure the smoothest experience for player and CS agents.
- Communicate key issues to the development team, and escalate priority issues when needed. Work to handle complex customer situations as they arise.
- Onboard, manage and mentor all customer support agents or in-house team on and offsite.
- 5+ years experience in customer support
- 2+ years in customer support management
- Passion for Sky and thorough understanding of the game and its players
- Experience working on a live ops game for a global marketplace is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for games and thatgamecompany’s vision
- Experience in mobile free to play games
- Experience with planning and specification for CS portals
- International market experience is a huge plus