thatgamecompany is best recognized for creating award-winning, enriching and meaningful game titles such as Journey, Flower and flOw. Our most recent game, Sky: Children of the Light, has attracted a global audience of over 100 million passionate fans.
As the Sky playerbase continues to grow, we are seeking a veteran Community Manager to join our Global Community Development team and work directly with our passionate Japanese players. The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced bilingual Community Manager who is familiar with Sky and passionate about building a world class out of game experience for players of all levels of investment. This person should be familiar with driving grassroots community initiatives, livestreaming, and creating local market specific blog and social media content.
This position reports into the Global Head of Community.
- Lead and mentor the Japanese Community Development team
- Represent thatgamecompany online, and at in-person events
- Build a livestream program that will speak to and delight Japanese players
- Develop blog and social media content that celebrates the experience of Japanese players
- Discord server management
- Organize and execute in-person events on behalf of thatgamecompany
- Monitor and report on sentiment, feedback, and trends in the live game community
- Partner with Japanese and Global Brand Marketing teams to ensure brand consistency
- Assist with the localization of global content
- Work alongside and provide support for our core of Japanese volunteers
- Participate in companywide playtests as the voice of the player community
- Display a professional, positive, and enthusiastic demeanor to employees and customers.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- A deep understanding of thatgamecompany’s core values and vision.
- Highly proficient in written and spoken Japanese and English
- 2 to 3 years of Community Management experience
- Experience with livestreams, and an enthusiasm for being on-camera
- Strong drive and ability to drive programs from beginning to end
- Good judgment in navigating and resolving sensitive situations online
- A desire for more ownership over time
Nice to Haves:
- Basic editing knowledge of Photoshop.
- Experience in mobile free-to-play games.
- Background in live events
- Experience running a Discord server