thatgamecompany is best recognized for creating award-winning, enriching and meaningful game titles such as Journey, Flower and flOw. Our new game Sky is already played by millions of players around the world and has a devoted core player base.
As a Player Support Associate/Specialist, you are a devoted Sky player who knows what’s happening within the game and our community. You are hungry and passionate for the Support experience, and always strive to deliver the best level of service despite whatever the odds may be. You will work in tandem with the Player Support and Community team as we continuously look to build trust with our players and vanguard our values.
thatgamecompany is looking for a bilingual (Japanese and English) Player Support Associate to join our squad and will be reporting to the PS Lead. Shift schedule and days may require flexibility and with current needs over the weekend.
- Respond to players inquiries and provide first contact resolution of customer issues and questions primarily on Helpshift
- Learn about our Support processes and initial scope of contacts which includes but not limited to – general questions, accounts, billing, technical, player feedback, reports, and bugs
- Take ownership of support inquiries and ongoing issues with high accountability and engagement measured through productivity, resolution rate, and quality scores
- Triage, and escalate sensitive or critical tickets to the correct channels with recommendations
- Deliver timely and accurate responses to player questions and requests
- Display a professional, positive, and enthusiastic demeanor to employees and players
- Flag outdated or missing content in the Player Support ecosystem to the Player Support Lead
- At the direction of the Player Support Lead research trending player issues in our ticket queues
- Work with the Player Support Lead to ensure brand consistency in our support communications to TGC players
- Collaborate with the external Sky Customer Support team to share and solve issues
You will be a great candidate if you have a strong mix of the following:
- Possess a deep knowledge about Sky and our player base
- Customer service experience
- Exercise good judgment in navigating and resolving sensitive situations online
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with tight deadlines
- Be comfortable with change and needs of the team at a moment’s notice
- Familiarity with Helpshift, other CRMs is a huge plus
- Gaming industry or live service background is a huge plus
- Native level Japanese and fluent in English for written and speaking skills