As the company continues to grow rapidly, we’re seeking a well-rounded, experienced and dynamic HR/People Manager to join our operations team. They must be agile, flexible, and adaptive to the ever changing needs of the studio. This person must be passionate about HR and the overall employee experience. An out-of-the box thinker, they come up with innovative solutions that best fits the overall long-term company objectives.
This position will be remote first, however the candidate must be based out of the general Southern California area due to ad-hoc meetings.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Be a partner to all employees by providing a full spectrum of HR support that includes compensation, benefits, performance management, training and development, and employee relations to name a few;
- Maintaining and recommending policies and programs as needed or required. This includes but not limited to: Company Handbook, LOA, Compliance, EEO reporting;
- Develop events, initiatives, and programs that deliver and spread information about TGC’s culture and mission throughout the organization;
- Provide day-to-day guidance to managers and employees in regards to coaching, career development, disciplinary actions, policy interpretations;
- Collaborate with leads to understand their needs, and building out strategies to support those needs and execute on them while aligning with overall studio objectives;
- Serve as a partner to the Head of HR by staying up to date on best practices, making recommendations and solutions to improve the employee experience;
- Manage and own the performance review processes; support leads on goal setting and create PIPs as needed;
- Oversee a team of 2: which consists of an Office Manager and HR Coordinator.
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- 8+ years of experience in progressive HR roles, with at least 3+ years of HR management experience;
- BA/BS in related field or equivalent work experience;
- Ability to maintain a strict code of confidentiality and discretion;
- Excellent communication, analytical, and time management skills;
- Strong team player with the ability to build collaborative relationships with
- Proven track record of developing, managing and updating HR programs, policies,
and processes, which include but not limited to employee attraction, engagement
and retention strategies;
- Extremely comfortable with ambiguity, and is able to make well-informed
decisions and judgement calls;
- Highly collaborative team player with a roll-up-one’s-sleeves attitude, with a
strong proclivity for pro-activeness;
- Proven knowledge of CA employment laws.
Bonus points for the following:
- HR experience in an entertainment, gaming or technology company;
- Knowledge in Multi-State Labor Laws;
- Passion for video games
- Familiarity with SOX Compliance