thatgamecompany is best recognized for creating award-winning, enriching, and meaningful game titles such as Journey, Flower, and flOw. Our most recent game, Sky, is our most complex undertaking to date. It is a social network built around the values inherited from a powerful humanistic story. It is a live experience continuously evolving inside a global online theme park.
We are looking to bring on an energetic HR Coordinator to assist the HR Manager on the day-to-day tasks that revolve around the people of our studio.
This opportunity is ideal for someone who is currently an HR Assistant/HR Admin Role and is looking to own the lower level processes and gradually learn and grow their role and career with us.
This is a remote-first position however you must be located in Southern California as you may need to report on-site as needed.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist with inquiries around policies, procedures, payroll, time-keeping, benefits, leave of absence for the studio in a timely manner
- Assist with executing a suite of human resources programs
- Support onboarding for all new hires and off-boarding for departing employees
- Assist with first level employee relations situation as they arise
- Assist HR with organizing and executing employee-related functions
- Assist with preparation of benefit packets and other employee-related paperwork
- Coordinating and setting up trainings for the studio
- Assist with other HR-administrative/clerical related tasks as requested such as:
- Reviews and Performance Improvement Plans
- Maintain employee records, ensuring they are compliant and up to date
- Tracking and managing PTO, Sick Leave, Status Change, Address change, to name a few.
- Coordinating and tracking immigration visas for current and new employees
- Leave of Absences: FMLA, CFRA, PFL, etc.
- Provide EE-related reports and data as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Communications, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, or related field or equivalent work experience
- A minimum 2 years’ experience in the HR field
- Familiar in California employment law
- Excellent customer service, written and verbal communication skills
- Able to use discretion when presented with confidential and sensitive information
- High level of integrity as demonstrated personally and professionally
- Able to work well in a dynamic, fast pace and ever-changing environment
- Able to build relationships across all levels of the organization
- Experience working in an HR department with an entertainment, publishing, or interactive company
- Passion for video games, entertainment and/or technology industry