thatgamecompany is best recognized for creating award-winning, enriching and meaningful game titles such as Journey, Flower and flOw. Our new game, Sky: Children of the Light, has recently launched on Android and has already attracted a global audience of over 20 million + passionate fans.
We are seeking a Graphic Designer to join the team and support the studio’s social media, publishing, and marketing initiatives. Our ideal candidate has a good understanding of the game and is excited about shaping Sky’s visual identity across multiple platforms.
This is a temp-to-hire/full-time position located in Santa Monica, CA, but will be based from home while quarantine restrictions are in place. This role reports to the Head of Communications, while heavily collaborating with the internal Art team.
- Produce marketing collateral following IP specific brand and style guidelines, which may include, but are not limited to:
- In-game screenshots and gameplay footage;
- Graphics for social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, and Twitch;
- Screenshots with marketing elements as needed, including texts and logos
- Create assets for the TGC and Sky websites as well as Video related contents
- Collaborate with the Content and Marketing teams to conceptualize new social media creative and asset templates
- Archive and maintain a library of existing assets, as well as backup copies for the future
- Successfully produce concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure consistency across brand communications
Requirements & Qualifications
- 1+ years experience working with creating content for social media(video games/entertainment industry a BIG plus)
- Familiarity with our games and visual style
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop
- An understanding of social media platforms and familiarity with their best practices
- Great artistic sensibility and excellent eye for design, color, composition, typography, and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with the ability to take constructive feedback
- Open to learning new skills and programs
Nice to Haves
- Experience with video editing and/or motion graphics (Adobe Premiere, After Effects, etc)
- Experience creating engaging short-form video content such as TikTok
- Ability to draw and illustrate art assets under supervision
- Love and affinity for video games
Please submit a resume and portfolio to be considered.