We are a small studio dedicated to crafting unique and high quality interactive experiences, and we are looking for a talented designer-programmer hybrid who will collaborate with both the engineering and design teams. The goal in this role is to drive the creation of core gameplay and technical systems and tools highly-tuned for the level of rich feedback and player immersion that helped define our games.
An example week for this person might be: Attend a user play-test and discover the need for a new camera feature to improve the game’s design. Program the camera feature and jump into the level editor to test and refine its implementation. Then, improve the level editor to enable the rest of the design team to make full use of your new feature in future levels. Of course, the role isn’t limited to just camera features. Any interactive system applies — procedural animation, cloth simulation, player controls, AI creatures — use your imagination!
This role requires a candidate who:
- Has experience crafting technical systems that enable gameplay (either alone or with a small team)
- Is proficient in C or C++ for quickly prototyping 3D gameplay
- Is skilled at creating fluid user interactions with rich feedback
- Enjoys enabling team members by improving the creative pipeline
- is comfortable with cross-disciplinary work and collaboration
You will be more likely to enjoy this job if you:
- Seek adventure and uncertainty in exploring experimental and risky game concepts
- Believe in the practice of rapid prototyping and relentless iteration
- Have a desire to create meaningful, enriching experiences that touch and inspire players