Sky: Children of the Light (Seasons or Events)
thatgamecompany Inc. Is looking for Environment Artists to join our studio!
As an Environment Artist, you will work as part of the Seasons or Events team with the Creative Director, Leads, Concept Artists and other Environment Artists to create landscapes, spaces and models for the world of Sky: Children of the Light. The ideal candidate understands that making an environment is more than creating beautiful content to fill spaces but is also an opportunity to tell the story behind the world players inhabit. If this sounds exciting to you, we’d love to have you join our team!
What You’ll Do Here:
- Create landscapes using our own proprietary terrain system
- Create models and set dress these landscapes to support the narrative
- Collaborate with project leads, concept artists,and designers
- Brainstorm ideas and create rapid prototypes during the concept phase
- Support the rest of the modeling team to create cosmetic and level content
- 3+ years of experience working in games
- Proficient modeling skills in Maya or equivalent
- Strong sense of composition, lighting and color theory
- Self-motivated, humble and a team player
- Open minded and great at handling criticism
- Basic understanding of rigging and skinning in Maya
- Experience using tools such as ZBrush, Substance Painter and or Substance Designer
- Ability to concept
- A love for games, especially titles similar to Flower, Journey or Sky!
Although many of our team members live within Southern California, we’re also understanding of the conditions and are open to working with applicants outside of the City, State or Country.