thatgamecompany is best recognized for creating award-winning, enriching and meaningful game titles such as Journey, Flower and flOw. Now that Sky has launched globally for iOS (and some limited releases on Android), we are seeking an experienced 3D Artist who will be part of the team that contributes to the beauty and wonder into our current title, Sky: Children of the Light.
- Create a variety of Sky in-game characters’ cosmetic items and props from a concept art in Maya,
- Model new environment areas and terrain meshes using TGC custom engine,
- Familiar with TGC custom game engine and be able to explore look development on new areas or scenes,
- Lighting sets and scenes for marketing key art in game,
- Working closely with Art Director and Concept Artist to understand objectives and artistic goals.
Requirements and Skills:
- 3+ years of game development experience,
- Firm understanding on each tasks and fast iteration skills,
- Attention to detail and receptiveness to feedback and direction,
- Must played Sky to understand art style and general feel of experience,
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines,
- Proficient in Maya and Photoshop,
- Strong aesthetic sensibility, and good use of color
- Creative and design oriented, excellent communicator, good with teamwork
- Graphic illustration such as icons and symbols
- Mobile live-ops development experience is a plus.