The award winning team behind Journey, flOw and Flower are looking to expand their team with a tools engineer. The position will include working closely with current and future engine and tools to empower artists, designers and engineers to provide experiences unlike other video games.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have 5+ years of experience and helped ship 3D titles on console or mobile devices.
- Have a strong understanding of data structures, math, optimization, efficiency of memory, storage and load times.
- Have produced at least one heavyweight tool, possibly providing level or content management, processing or baking.
- Have communication skills and an ability to understand and solve problems presented by the team.
- Respond well to feedback, criticism and iterative design and/or continual improvement of our technology and games.
- Be fluent in C, C++ or C# and have experience with scripting languages and multiple data formats (JSON, XML etc).
The ideal candidate may also have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or another engineering discipline.
- Experience with Lua and Python.
- Experience with distributed computing and/or utilizing servers for crunching large tasks.
- Worked heavily with Maya APIs.
- A solid understanding of content management and source control.
- Worked on cross-platform titles and solved for endian issues.
- The big picture in mind, self-motivating and able to anticipate future needs and problems.
All applicants will be expected to complete an engineering challenge demonstrating an understanding of the above requirements.