You’ve heard it right, folks! Our first two PlayStation 3 games are now being ported over to the PlayStation 4 and the PlayStation Vita! Check out this video for details:
That’s right! The PS Vita and PS4 versions of flOw and Flower will be completely free on for all of you who purchased each respective game on the PlayStation Store. If you bought flOw on the PS3, you’ll get it free for PS4 and PS Vita. And if you are late to the game and buy Flower on PS4, you’ll get the PS3 and Vita versions for free. Flower will be released on both platforms on Nov. 15th, and flOw will be released on both platforms on Nov. 29th.
You probably have some questions. So, here are your answers:
1. If you purchased Journey Collector’s Edition, that sadly does not entitle you to the other versions of flOw and Flower. There is currently no way for Sony to connect the purchase of the physical* Collector’s Edition to a Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) account. *As for Europeans who purchased the digital version, we do not have official word if there will be any issues for downloading the new versions.
2. flOw is being ported by SuperVillain Studios and Flower is being ported by Bluepoint Games. Both companies have a history of porting over games for various publishers, and SVS ported over flOw to the PSP and made the expansion pack to flOw.
3. The trophies will not be connected through the different versions. Meaning, if you unlock a trophy on the PS3 version of flOw, it will not unlock on the PS4 and Vita versions.
4. Due to some restrictions on the Vita, flOw will not have multiplayer nor the Friendship Trophy, which will be replaced. We do not know if there is a possibility of patching in Ad Hoc multiplayer in the future.
5. The flOw expansion pack is being ported by SVS and will be released at an as-of-yet unannounced time. We don’t have specific information on pricing, but it will likely also be free to those who purchased it on PS3.
6. Flower will be at 1080p and 60 Frames Per Second (FPS) on the PS4, but there are no specific details yet for flOw PS4. The PS3 version of flOw was at 1080p, so the PS4 version will most likely be at this resolution as well.
7. Sony is in charge of everything regarding flOw, Flower, and Journey, and they have made no public announcements regarding any ports of Journey to the PS4 and Vita. The option is open for them, but there are a lot of reasons to and to not port the game over. We’re hoping that the PS4 version will join the fray, but it’s all up to Sony.
We’ll update this page if there are any more details about the releases.
8. Flower PS4 and PS Vita will both launch on Nov. 29th in SCEE countries. We do not have information on whether or not flOw PS4 and PS Vita will also be delayed for the European territories.
9. flOw PS4 and PS Vita has been delayed worldwide. Appears to be releasing on 12/17 and 12/18 in SCEA and SCEE territories, respectively. We do not have information on when flOw will be available, but will update this section as soon as Sony gives us more information, but it’s likely we won’t know until it’s actually been released. *The release date looks like it’ll be this coming week for SCEA and SCEE territories, according to an article on the PlayStation Blog.