thatgamecompany is best recognized for creating award-winning, enriching and meaningful game titles such as Journey, Flower and flOw. With the studio beginning a new chapter as a self publisher, we are seeking an experienced data analyst who will be central to how we evaluate and execute the game’s design, publishing and community needs in the ever-expanding world of our next game, Sky.
As our Analyst, you’ll use your curious mind and expert data wrangling abilities to distill down huge volumes of data down into clear, actionable insights. These will help our design team better understand the health of our game, and where we should focus as a studio to deliver the best possible experience for our players.
This role requires a candidate who can:
- Dive into huge data sets with a passion for extracting meaningful insights
- Create clear dashboards and reports by pulling data from different sources and presenting them to team in an easily digestible format.
- Empathise with the end user, understanding what all this data means in the context of the player experience
- Partner with production, marketing and development teams to provide key user insights and help drive the team’s decision-making.
- Ensure data collection is optimized to provide clear visibility into the impact and value of new initiatives and version releases.
- Be curious, form hypothesis, and work alongside the whole team to create an emotionally powerful experience
The candidate should demonstrate:
- Excellent SQL skills and experience querying large databases are a must
- Fluency in a scripting language such as Python or PHP.
- Ability to tell stories with data, motivating others to act on them.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Obsessive attention to detail and exceptional organisational skills
- Outstanding communication skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Passion for making exceptional products that are a positive influence on their players lives