Jenova co-founded thatgamecompany in 2006 and acts as creative director. Born and raised in Shanghai, Jenova earned a bachelor’s degree in computer science and a minor in digital art and design. He then moved to Los Angeles, where he got a master's degree from the University of Southern California's Interactive Media Division. While there Jenova was involved in the creation of Cloud and Flow, and met fellow student and later business partner Kellee Santiago.
Jenova loves video games and is frustrated to see video games losing their appeal as he and his friends age. While studying in film school about the history of media, Jenova realized that to mature a medium, a wide range of content is required to satisfy audience's various emotional needs. Jenova wants to be part of a movement to expand the range of emotions video games can communicate, and help turn video games into an expressive medium that can be enjoyed by everyone.
Due to the work he and his co-workers produced and the active academic participation in the past six years, Jenova was honored as one of the World’s Top Innovators by MIT's Technology Review and 10 Innovators to Watch by Variety in 2008. In 2010, he was selected as Top 50 Game Developer by Game Developer Magazine and Most Creative Entrepreneurs in Business by Fast Company Magazine.
- Jenova Chen - Creative Director
- Vincent Diamante - Audio Director & Music Composer
- Aaron Grommesh - Community Manager
- Ke Jiang (Jacky) - Art Director
- Sunni Pavlovic - Producer & Studio Manager
- Adam Lederer - Feel Engineer
- Yuichiro Tanabe - Lead Artist
- Russell Honor - Feel Engineer
- Mike Lester - Lead Engineer
- Jennie Kong - Story Writer & Publicist
- Aaron Jessie - Environment Artist
- John Hughes - Server Engineer
- Erin Goldstein - Operations Manager
- Tom Zhao - Concept Artist
- Ritsu Mizutani - Lead Audio Designer
- Eric Koch - Development Director
- Jeffrey Exterkate - Principal Engineer