thatgamecompany is best recognized for creating award-winning, enriching and meaningful game titles such as Journey, Flower and flOw. With the studio beginning a new chapter as a self publisher, we are seeking an experienced Animator who will be central to bringing life into the ever-expanding world of our next game, Sky.
- Create a variety of animations for gameplay, environment and cinematics using Maya
- Create cinematic scenes from start to finish: this includes layout, animation, cameras, effects, lighting and implementation to engine;
- Implement completed tasks into the game engine;
- Communicate with other departments to see implementation through and make sure final in-game result is up to par;
- Collaborate with production and other team members to understand needs;
Requirements and Skills:
- 5+ years of game development experience;
- Ability to produce excellent keyframe animations quickly;
- Fast blocking and iteration skills;
- Attention to detail, adaptability, and receptiveness to feedback and direction;
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines;
- Must be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced working environment;
- Fluent in Maya;
- Rigging skills are a plus!
To be considered, please include a portfolio showcasing your skills.